D28710: [RFC] Make accidental panel and panel widget deletion more difficult

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Apr 9 20:29:57 BST 2020

ngraham created this revision.
ngraham added reviewers: VDG, Plasma.
Herald added a project: Plasma.
ngraham requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  We make it very easy to delete panels and panel widgets--perhaps a bit too easy. User
  feedback has indicated that we may need to re-work this a bit, and that perhaps D20144 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D20144> was a
  mistake.

  This patch moves the Remove Panel button back into the More menu where it used to
  be, to make it harder to accidentally click on. It also moves the Remove button for
  panel widgets higher up in the menu so it's not so close to the cursor.

  [RFC] because I need help making this conditional based on the parent panel's positioning.

  To adjust to these changes, the layout of buttons on the panel toolbar is changed to
  preserve visual balance, and the More menu's name is adjusted to reflect the fact that
  removing a panel is not a setting.

  BUG: 419853
  FIXED-IN: 5.19.0

TEST PLAN
  F8227561: vokoscreenNG-2020-04-09_13-22-29.webm <https://phabricator.kde.org/F8227561>

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop

BRANCH
  make-accidental-panel-and-panel-widget-deletion-harder (branched from master)

AFFECTED FILES
  containments/panel/contents/ui/ConfigOverlay.qml
  desktoppackage/contents/configuration/panelconfiguration/MoreSettingsMenu.qml
  desktoppackage/contents/configuration/panelconfiguration/ToolBar.qml