D27271: [kcms/colors] RFC: Accent Colours

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Apr 6 20:11:50 BST 2020

ngraham added a comment.

  This doesn't compile for me:

    /home/nate/kde/src/plasma-desktop/kcms/colors/editor/scmeditorcolors.cpp: In member function ‘void SchemeEditorColors::updateColorSchemes()’:
    /home/nate/kde/src/plasma-desktop/kcms/colors/editor/scmeditorcolors.cpp:378:16: error: ‘class KColorScheme’ has no member named ‘dropAccentColors’
      378 |         scheme.dropAccentColors();

  Also in terms of the UI, I might recommend using radio buttons, sort of like this:

    Accent color: (o) Let the active color scheme choose
                  ( ) Custom color: [ color chooser button ]

  This makes the two states clearer IMO. Also it might be good to put whatever UI we use below the color scheme chooser grid, since the accent color is a subordinate setting.

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop