D28192: WIP: Refactor dictionary runner

Alexander Lohnau noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Apr 6 15:15:12 BST 2020

alex added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> sitter wrote in dictionaryrunner_config.cpp:29
> That's an implementation detail though, is it not? From the outside we shouldn't make assumption about what the implementation does unless the documentation says what we can assume.
> Today the baseclass may be useless, in 10 years it may not be.
>
> Long-winded way of saying that I would leave the base class calls in. If nothing else it's at least better form in terms of API contracts.

That makes sense but one question: The doc says: `...However, if you for some reason reimplement it and also are using KConfigXT, you must call this function`, does this mean we can assume that the base class is not needed?

PS: In this case it is not very relevant but I would like to understand concept for future patches 😃.

REPOSITORY
  R114 Plasma Addons