D28616: Split KWin startup out of KSMServer

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Apr 6 13:26:46 BST 2020

davidedmundson requested changes to this revision.
davidedmundson added a comment.

  Direction is beautiful, so much red!

INLINE COMMENTS

> logout.cpp:229
> +        auto saveSessionCall = m_kwinInterface->aboutToSaveSession(currentSession());
> +        saveSessionCall.waitForFinished(); // hehe
>      }

We do want a comment saying why we want to pause until kwin continues, and not going to deadlock.

I'm not sure "hehe" quite covers all of that.

> logout.cpp:248
>  {
> +    abort(); // FIXME IMPLEMENT NEW SAVING ALSO HERE!
>      if ( state != Idle )

well noticed :)

Blocking on that.

This is for when you use "manually saved session".

> server.h:214
>          Idle,
> -        LaunchingWM, Restoring,
> -        Shutdown, Checkpoint, Killing, KillingWM, WaitingForKNotify, // shutdown
> +        LaunchingWM /* FIXME rename this*/, Restoring,
> +        Shutdown, Checkpoint, Killing, KillingWMDONTUSETHIS, WaitingForKNotify, // shutdown

Can you not just kill them?
It's not public API

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace