D28154: Add users KCM

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Apr 3 02:59:21 BST 2020

ngraham added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> ChangePassword.qml:65
> +
> +                onAccepted: !passwordWarning.visible && verifyField.text && passwordField.text && passButton.apply()
> +

hitting the return key on this field should effectively click the Create button

> UserDetailsPage.qml:89
> +
> +                Image {
> +                    source: user.face

This should be cropped into a circle, like we do in Kickoff and the login/lock/logout screens. You can probably just lift the code straight from Kickoff.

> UserDetailsPage.qml:172
> +
> +            Button {
> +                id: deleteUser

Does it make sense to be able to delete the currently-logged-in user, or the only user on the system?

> UserDetailsPage.qml:177
> +                icon.name: "delete"
> +                onClicked: kcm.deleteUser(usersDetailPage.user.uid)
> +            }

Doesn't work for me; clicking the button has no effect.

> UserDetailsPage.qml:182
> +
> +    Kirigami.OverlaySheet {
> +        id: picturesSheet

Might be nice to give this sheet a title, so that there's something in its header area besides a close button.

> UserDetailsPage.qml:185
> +        ColumnLayout {
> +            Layout.preferredWidth: Kirigami.Units.gridUnit * 15
> +            GridLayout {

This sheet ends up really narrow, so there are only ever two columns of icons visible, even with a very wide window. It doesn't look great IMO. Wider would be better.

> UserDetailsPage.qml:196
> +
> +                Button {
> +                    Layout.preferredHeight: Kirigami.Units.gridUnit * 6

This button needs text so people can figure out what it does.

> UserDetailsPage.qml:239
> +                            kcm.needsSave = true
> +                            usersDetailPage.user.face = imgDelegate.source
> +                        }

This doesn't seem to work. When I change the avatar using the sheet, the image on the details page gets reset to the default, rather than reflecting my choice.

> main.qml:56
> +
> +                Image {
> +                    source: model.decoration

Crop this into a circle too

> main.qml:88
> +                userList.currentIndex = index
> +                kcm.push("UserDetailsPage.qml", {user: User})

Systemsettings' default window width is like five pixels too narrow to make both the users list and the details view appear by default. Can to make one or both a tiny bit smaller or otherwise fix it so that both are visible by default when you open the KCM in System Settings with its default window size?

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop