D24264: edit mode action and dbus

Marco Martin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Sep 30 11:45:17 BST 2019

mart added a comment.

  In D24264#538820 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D24264#538820>, @ngraham wrote:

  > I wonder if the widget resize handles should become visible all the time when in edit mode. Otherwise nothing visually changes with the widgets on the desktop, and it might not be obvious enough that you can change them.

  I tought about it too, tough maybe if everyhting is visible (right now the resize handles and the bigger applet handle are linked in visibility) wouldn't look very messy and cluttered?

INLINE COMMENTS

> davidedmundson wrote in appletslayout.cpp:100
> But we only evaluate this when this window changes - doesn't that mean we could when any other plasma window had focus and then loses it?

right.. it wouldn't notice if the edit mode was initiated when its window not in focus, i-.e. dbus from systemsettings case.
that may probably mean the logic should be completely removed from here and put in shellcorona i guess?

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace