monday meeting notes for 30/9/2019

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon Sep 30 11:36:51 BST 2019

Nico Fe:
* Ported Koko to Android
* Needs more work to be useful
For review:
 * Diff 24173 "Fix build against exiv for real" [Needs Review]
https://phabricator.kde.org/D24173
 * Diff 24175 "Don't use KDBusService on Android" [Needs Review]
https://phabricator.kde.org/D24175
 * Diff 24186 "Request permission for accessing external storage"
[Needs Review] https://phabricator.kde.org/D24186
Other stuff:
 * replaced accounts KCM with version from plasma-settings
 * port kaccounts away from foreach
 * Diff 24218 "Port away from foreach" [Needs Review]
https://phabricator.kde.org/D24218
 * Diff 24221 "Port to new connect syntax" [Needs Review]
https://phabricator.kde.org/D24221
 * Diff 24258 "Forward error message from backend to ui" [Needs
Review] https://phabricator.kde.org/D24258
 * fixed stuff in plasma-settings

David:
* last week I merged all the migration and addition of a global
animation speed slider
new config value in another place, kconf_update, porting kwin to use
that new value, kai ported ** p-f to use that value, and then moving
the UI
* I've also added a useful thing into kwin making it easy to render
QtQuick into an effect scene (at any layer, not just hacky overlays)
* in other news I'm trying to push forward with my "lets run
clang-format on everything"
* push forward with my "lets run clang-format on everything":
** Diff 24283 "Add clang format file" [Needs Review]
https://phabricator.kde.org/D24283
* also after Saturday I'm going to merge my QML plugin into KItemModels
** we should discuss what we do with Plasma's QSortFilterProxyModel

Bhushan:
- Pushed patch in plamo dialer to make it not crash since it seemed to work
- WIP initial setup thing based on current plasma settings app
- Testing plasma nano shell and reporting issues back to notmart
- Testing on different hardware
- If someone can take a quick look at the :
https://phabricator.kde.org/D24112 it would be lovely.

Marco:
# Kirigami
* bugfixing
* New PagePool and PagePoolAction components: makes much easier to
make apps with a sidebar and main content page which is a very common
pattern
* examples and documentation for PagePool*
# Plasma
* helping and finishing a patch a VDG person did for systemsettings
(home button to go back to intro page)
* work on the edit mode agreed with the vdg at valencia sprint,
patches all aound p-f p-d p-w D24263 D24264 D24265
* Diff 24263 "edit mode action" [Needs Review]
https://phabricator.kde.org/D24263
* Diff 24264 "edit mode action and dbus" [Needs Review]
https://phabricator.kde.org/D24264
* Diff 24265 "support global edit mode" [Needs Review]
https://phabricator.kde.org/D24265
# Plasma Mobile
* merged the plasmanano branch, can be tested as soon lands on neon