D24161: Make KCM look more like applet

Sefa Eyeoglu noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Sep 28 11:49:58 BST 2019

sefaeyeoglu added a comment.

  In D24161#538988 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D24161#538988>, @ngraham wrote:

  > Nice work. Landed on master so we have plenty of time to polish it up in follow-up patches. Speaking of that, I have a suggestions for unifying the UI even more: for multi-port devices, show the port chooser combobox instead of the name of the current port, in both the KCM and the applet. There's guaranteed to be enough room (we'd be replacing a string with the same string in a combobox). Then remove the "Ports" items in the applet's hamburger menu.
  >
  > Oh and I just noticed a regression I didn't see before landing the patch, sorry. :/ The icons no longer match between the KCM and the applet when I add an external bluetooth device: F7450714: Screenshot_20190927_163022.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F7450714>

  The applet uses a utility function in icon.js. It would be easy to fix that. But there would be one implementation detail I would need to know. As both the applet and the kcm have an icon.js can we somehow share this code between them, so we don't have duplicate code. Like some kind of "common" directory to put the icon.js into and load it from there? Or should we just symlink the file from one place to another?

REPOSITORY
  R115 Plasma Audio Volume Applet