D24181: Changing "Paste Without Formatting" in Notes applet to "Paste"

Vladimir Yerilov noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Sep 26 15:37:51 BST 2019

yerilov added a comment.

  > Do those applications provide the paste-with-formatting action too?

  No they don't. So it is one more thing that actually makes Plasma more feature-rich DE.

  > When you talk about "pastes text", "paste it", etc, which way do you mean?

  Well, we're running in circles here. Until everyone here understands which paste options Notes applet has now and had before any discussion is useless.

  One last time, to clarify how it was, how it is, and how it was proposed to be:

  1. Until https://phabricator.kde.org/D22774 Notes default paste option was "paste with formatting", which was named "Paste" in menu and invoked by Ctrl+V. This is how it was.
  2. https://phabricator.kde.org/D22774 changed the default paste option to "paste without formatting" and renamed it to "Paste without Formatting", making Ctrl+V to paste without formatting. This is how it is as of 5.16.80.
  3. What I propose is to simply rename the menu option introduced by https://phabricator.kde.org/D22774, "Paste without Formatting" to "Paste" again, but preserve the actual action and Ctrl+V shortcut, and rename another (next) option from "Paste" to "Paste With Formatting" in order to make a clear difference between the two options in menu. This is how is suggested to be. Cosmetic but looks better and in accordance with the expectations of the end user (broadly speaking).

  Arguing about another applications is irrelevant due to the nature of the Notes applet: it is not an application like MS Word, it serves another purpose. Needless to say that we all know now that there are some KDE apps like Kate or KWrite or KolourPaint (more than one) which have no Paste with formatting option at all, this is why any try to argue like "all other KDE application have this behavior by default" would contradict the reality.

REPOSITORY
  R114 Plasma Addons

BRANCH
  notes-applet-tuning (branched from master)