D24161: Make KCM look more like applet

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Sep 24 17:06:37 BST 2019

ngraham added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> Applications.qml:49
>              enabled: eventStreamView.count || sinkInputView.count
> -            text: i18nd("kcm_pulseaudio", "Playback")
> +            text: i18nd("kcm_pulseaudio", "Playback Streams")
>              disabledText: i18ndc("kcm_pulseaudio", "@label", "No Applications Playing Audio")

I don't think the addition of the word "Streams" adds useful information here.

> Applications.qml:90
>              enabled: sourceOutputView.count > 0
> -            text: i18nd("kcm_pulseaudio", "Recording")
> +            text: i18nd("kcm_pulseaudio", "Recording Streams")
>              disabledText: i18ndc("kcm_pulseaudio", "@label", "No Applications Recording Audio")

ditto

> MuteButton.qml:23
>  import QtQuick 2.0
> -import QtQuick.Controls 1.0
> +import QtQuick.Controls 2.0
> +import "../code/icon.js" as Icon

If you're going to change this (and +1 for it), make it say `import QtQuick.Controls 2.5 as QQC2` and then add the `QQC2.<whatever>` namespace

> sefaeyeoglu wrote in MuteButton.qml:32
> I actually think this is the wrong way of doing tooltips here. The applet does it with PlasmaComponents. How can I create a tooltip with QCC?

Using the attached `ToolTip` property is just fine here for QQC2 items.

REPOSITORY
  R115 Plasma Audio Volume Applet