D24127: Fix toggle button colours

Noah Davis noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Sep 22 06:59:02 BST 2019

ndavis added a comment.

  In D24127#535826 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D24127#535826>, @cblack wrote:

  > In D24127#535555 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D24127#535555>, @ndavis wrote:
  >
  > > @cblack Can you change the focus state to only have a blue outline? This behavior is really confusing, even though it seems consistent with Breeze: -snip-
  >

  > I'd rather not diverge from the Breeze here for a few reasons:
  >
  > - I don't have a guarantee that Breeze is going to have the exact same change
  > - Breeze GTK is supposed to look like the current state of Breeze, with adaptations where necessary due to differences between GTK and Qt
  >
  >   If Breeze gets the change, I'll add it.

  If I can

  In D24127#535826 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D24127#535826>, @cblack wrote:

  > In D24127#535555 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D24127#535555>, @ndavis wrote:
  >
  > > @cblack Can you change the focus state to only have a blue outline? This behavior is really confusing, even though it seems consistent with Breeze: -snip-
  >

  > I'd rather not diverge from the Breeze here for a few reasons:
  >
  > - I don't have a guarantee that Breeze is going to have the exact same change
  > - Breeze GTK is supposed to look like the current state of Breeze, with adaptations where necessary due to differences between GTK and Qt
  >
  >   If Breeze gets the change, I'll add it.

  I will do the same thing to Breeze if I ever find an example of a situation where a focusable and toggleable button exists with the same usability issue. We do have a real example where this usability issue happens with GTK, so I think it's best to do this now instead of later.

REPOSITORY
  R98 Breeze for Gtk