D24073: Revert "Revert "i18n fixes""

Roman Gilg noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Sep 19 12:18:41 BST 2019

romangg added a comment.

  As said in the revert if currently there is no other way of making translations of long sentences work in QML while respecting the line chars limit this needs to go in of course.

  I would like to see this resolved long-term such that:

  - Translations work of course.
  - Code **always** respects the 100 chars limit. If we do exceptions for translated strings because of technical problems this will dilute the rule and likely lead to code not respecting it at all.

  Could something like this work:

    i18n(Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisici elit,\
         sed eiusmod tempor incidunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.)

  Or should/could we make the one with `+` work? Who wrote the original QML translation capabilities and could he/she give some input on this issue? Would be nice to see a path forward before doing the re-revert.

REPOSITORY
  R104 KScreen