D24011: Provide a telemetrics kcm module for Plasma

Aleix Pol Gonzalez noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Sep 17 15:48:53 BST 2019

apol added a comment.

  Hey @ngraham, I introduced many of your points to the proposal. Here's some thoughts on the rest:

  > Apps that collect information

  I don't think we can do this, at least not right now, easily. Non-Plasma products (dolphin, krita) will need to have their own KCM for now, unless we abstract it at some point, but that's something we can do later down the line, they will need to have their own KCM within the application after all, otherwise it wouldn't be possible to control their telemetry outside of Plasma.

  >   The fact that it doesn't say specifically what will be collected is disconcerting from a privacy point of view.

  We don't really have this information right now. I agree we could try to do better in this front.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace