D11352: [RFC] Auto ordered systray

Konrad Materka noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Sep 17 15:03:07 BST 2019

kmaterka added a comment.

  Sorry for interrupting this late in the review. I like the idea of consistent ordering very much, I even planned to implement this myself :) I have few comments:

  In D11352#227354 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D11352#227354>, @Pitel wrote:

  > - [...] remove the `onParentChanged` hook (not sure why it was needed in the first place...)

  Due to a bug in Repeater it is needed sometimes. Repeater randomly changes the parent item after it was created and re-parented (race condition?). I had big troubles with Repeater, especially combining with Loader, DelegateModel.Package etc. Repeater is very buggy, in other words, it works by happy coincidence. :)

  BTW, my idea is to create a common model for all tray items and make sorting/filtering there. First version is in D23413 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D23413>, it has no sorting yet. I plan to add filtering: "Active", "Hidden/Passive", "Invisible" and then 3 different Views which will use filtered model. This way `updateItemVisibility` won't even be needed! Anyway, this is not a place for this discussion.

  PS. comment:
  `// return negative integer if a < b, 0 if a === b, and positive otherwise`
  is incorrect, it will never return 0, thanks to `creationId` ;-)

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace

BRANCH
  stableSystray2