D23798: Polish Displays KCM UI

Roman Gilg noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Sep 17 08:28:44 BST 2019

romangg added a comment.

  In D23798#532963 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D23798#532963>, @ngraham wrote:

  > Need a hand with the `TODO:` in main.qml.

  With can't be really fixed since the config and by that the output model is received asynchronously later on and to my knowledge the KCM's implicitHeight must be set directly in the beginning.

  To be honest I'm no friend of hiding the preview/overview anyway when there is only one output connected. Reasons are that people are used to seeing it and that if a second monitor is connected/removed suddenly some huge ass control pattern gets added/removed. This will also always compromise the current window size when connecting a second monitor since it will be too small. Also imo it brings value to have a miniature depiction of the output setup even if there is only one. Instead we could think of making the monitor in the overview not movable when only one monitor is connected.

REPOSITORY
  R104 KScreen