D23952: Remove panel toolbox clean up editing options

Björn Feber noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Sep 15 09:46:50 BST 2019

GB_2 created this revision.
GB_2 added reviewers: Plasma, VDG.
Herald added a project: Plasma.
GB_2 requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  With D23951 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D23951> we greatly improve the discoverability of the panel edit mode, so there isn't a need for a button in the panel anymore that just takes up space (especially since with D23951 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D23951> we're basically always in unlocked mode) and we get asked about how to remove it from time to time. This also cleans up the panel editing options:

  - Only show "Show Alternatives..." in panel edit mode
  - Remove "Lock Widgets" option from the panel edit mode, like in D23951 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D23951>

  F7354567: Panel.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F7354567>
  F7354564: Task Manager Hidden Show Alternatives Item.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F7354564>
  F7354562: Panel Edit Mode.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F7354562>

TEST PLAN
  Open panel edit mode. Also open the context menu for the task manager.

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop

BRANCH
  remove-panel-toolbox-clean-up-editing-options (branched from master)

AFFECTED FILES
  applets/taskmanager/package/contents/ui/ContextMenu.qml
  desktoppackage/contents/configuration/panelconfiguration/ToolBar.qml
  toolboxes/CMakeLists.txt
  toolboxes/paneltoolbox/Messages.sh
  toolboxes/paneltoolbox/contents/ui/main.qml
  toolboxes/paneltoolbox/metadata.desktop
  toolboxes/plasma-toolbox-paneltoolbox.desktop