D23712: [Cuttlefish] Overhaul program, use Kirigami

Carson Black noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Sep 7 03:01:39 BST 2019

cblack added a comment.

  In D23712#526852 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D23712#526852>, @ndavis wrote:

  > In D23712#526826 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D23712#526826>, @trickyricky26 wrote:
  >
  > > I love this patch, however I am curious as to why you moved the sidebar to the bottom.
  > >  Judging from your screenshot, it results in quite a bit of empty horizontal space.
  > >  Conceptually I think it is nicer to have the scrollable view go to the bottom of the window and have the details of the selected item be shown in a sidebar.
  >

  > I agree. I also have a much easier time reading lists vertically rather than horizontally, so I prefer more vertical space at the cost of horizontal space.

  I preferred the sidebar as well, but a sidebar with the necessary width to fit the label + the largest icon name in Breeze without layout issues would be obscenely large, and would take over half the width of smaller monitors. That's why it was moved to the bottom - for extra horizontal space.

REPOSITORY
  R118 Plasma SDK