D23342: Add a per-process network information plugin

Arjen Hiemstra noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Sep 6 20:52:21 BST 2019

ahiemstra added a comment.

  That's correct. The reason for that is that a non-root process is not allowed to read which inodes root process has open, thus there is no way for the helper to map from incoming port to process ID. The only way I know of solving that is by having the helper run as root, which I would prefer to avoid.

INLINE COMMENTS

> meven wrote in main.cpp:97
> Could the refresh rate be a parameter or at least a constant instead of an hardcoded value.

The helper reports a download/upload rate per second. This is done by capturing the amount of incoming/outgoing bytes and each second reporting that value, then resetting the counter. Changing this value would thus result in changing the reported unit, so I'd rather keep it a hardcoded constant here.

REPOSITORY
  R106 KSysguard

BRANCH
  network_plugin