D23734: Remove the "fail_delay()" function

Jason Franklin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Sep 5 14:34:20 BST 2019

jfranklin created this revision.
Herald added a project: Plasma.
jfranklin requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  I'm a new contributor to kscreenlocker, so I thought I'd start with something very simple to see how the process goes.  I hope I'm in line with standard procedures for proposing a change.

  I've been spending a lot of time working with the kscreenlocker code in an attempt to debug its conversation with Poldi, which is a PAM module for allowing authentication with GnuPG smart cards.  In this time, I've built up some familiarity with the code, and I'd like to submit a few patches over the next couple of weeks to improve things.

  This change is pretty simple, and it makes a great deal of sense to me.  I'd be very curious to know if there is a reason for having a `fail_delay()` function that performs no action.  Just let me know!

  Otherwise, the relevant explanation is in the commit message itself.

TEST PLAN
  The current tests don't seem to cover the delay from a failure to `pam_authenticate()`.  If one needs to be added, I'd like to help!  I've spent a lot of time learning how this project works, and I'd be happy if one of the maintainers here could help me get the test suite up and running.

  This patch should change no functionality and, thus, will need no changes in the test code.

REPOSITORY
  R133 KScreenLocker

AFFECTED FILES
  kcheckpass/checkpass_pam.c