D22468: Rewrite KScreen KCM as ConfigModule with outputs model and Kirigami

Roman Gilg noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Sep 4 02:52:19 BST 2019

romangg added a comment.

  In D22468#525405 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D22468#525405>, @davidedmundson wrote:

  > > Talking of which, there were some updated plans with regards to the UI for X scaling in the meeting that everyone in this thread was at.
  > > I don't want to have made a plan in a meeting, and then discard it one week later. I think it's easier to leave that in an external dialog for the X case, then you don't have to worry about it in this patch.
  >
  > This was not addressed.

  I don't see the current patch to discard any plans from the meeting. It just takes the current scale slider and puts it into the main ui since that is simple to do with QML , it's more in line with modern design paradigm of mobile apps and fits the "Outputs" and "Arrangement" split well. This does not mean the plans from the meeting can't be acted upon later. A font selection can still be added below the scale slider. It's just not part of this patch, since this is a rework, not adding additional features besides the long overdue fractional scaling slider on Wayland.

REPOSITORY
  R104 KScreen