D25000: Do not assign combobox currentIndex as it breaks binding.

Kevin Ottens noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Oct 30 17:39:29 GMT 2019

ervin added a comment.

  In D25000#556761 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D25000#556761>, @davidedmundson wrote:

  > There's a Plasma rule that if we're working round a Qt bug, there should be a Qt bug created and linked before accepting a workaround.
  >
  > From the sounds of it we want a QQuickControls::ComboBox::setIndex(int) invokable that doesn't update the binding?
  >  Or is it a more generic problem of somehow exposing QQmlPropertyData::WriteFlags ?

  It's the former, not the latter. And good luck having setIndex invokable, it would never go through a Qt review IMHO (and for good reason). Now we need this really because our own combo style insists on emulating a corner case of QComboBox behavior, it's fairly unusual and specific.
  I don't think it warrants putting something in Qt directly.

REPOSITORY
  R858 Qt Quick Controls 2: Desktop Style