D24997: [Lock & Login Screens] Don't use a black shadow with black text

Filip Fila noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Oct 28 14:21:57 GMT 2019

filipf added a comment.

  Yeah there is a conceptual issue here we need to look into solving. IMO we should just always have white UI elements and the background dimmed.

  As for solutions, I've already looked into hardcoding everything as white (+bg dimmed). It's easy to fix the wallpaper fader and labels, but unfortunately I think it's a dead end because the rest would involve porting `PlasmaCore.IconItem` to `Kirigami.Icon` and `PC2.ToolButton` to `QQC2.ToolButton`. Those two would have to be used because the former don't have a color property that can be set (the PC3.ToolButton has one but it doesn't work).  I would assume the ports would cause objection since they would entail using desktop components in the shell.

  Regardless of what we come up with, I made this as a small fix for 5.17 while we rethink things for 5.18 and further.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace

BRANCH
  black-text-no-black-shadow (branched from master)