D24945: [ksmserver] Signal session management state to kwin directly

Aleix Pol Gonzalez noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Oct 26 01:35:27 BST 2019

apol added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> davidedmundson wrote in org.kde.KWin.Session.xml:7
> There was a third option I considered. Have N methods
>
> startSave
> startQuit
> saveCancelled
>
> and then make the state change an implicit part of the invokable action we need to do on save.
>
> I went this way as I felt it was nice to have this acting more like a property independently, but what do you think.

I guess it doesn't matter ultimately. I won't advocate for a header with an enum, don't worry.
Logically, having an int is simpler than a string and we will have to document both and have an implicit tie in both implmentations.

Having 3 methods seems quite elegant as in it's a more semantic API.

As you put it (t, the 3rd seems simpler to grasp, not that everyone should be looking at it.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace