D24832: Re-add category display to app delegates

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Oct 21 15:12:56 BST 2019

ngraham created this revision.
ngraham added reviewers: VDG, Discover Software Store, apol.
Herald added a project: Plasma.
ngraham requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  A year ago, I removed this in 0911fbcd561c <https://phabricator.kde.org/R134:0911fbcd561c0bc4b6080d9c0f3a3c70db5638f4> with no review. :/ Sorry about that. In the
  past year, Discover's UI has come a long way, and I think we can re-add the category
  display now without causing the app delegates to become super cluttered.

  The category name is suppressed if it would be identical to the page's title.

TEST PLAN
  Categories in search lists: F7641610: Categories in search lists.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F7641610>
  Categories on the featured page: F7641609: Categories on featured page.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F7641609>
  Categories in browse lists, featuring suppression-when-equal-to-the-page-title: F7641608: Categories on browse lists featuring deduplication.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F7641608>

REPOSITORY
  R134 Discover Software Store

BRANCH
  re-add-categories-display-on-delegate (branched from master)

AFFECTED FILES
  discover/qml/ApplicationDelegate.qml