Monday meeting notes from 21/10/2019

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 11:59:36 BST 2019

Kai Uwe:
plasma-browser-integration:
* Shows host version number in extension about screen now
Notifications:
* Worked around a crash in old notifications with newer Qt
    * New system since Plasma 5.16 isn't affected but 5.12 LTS was, so
I had to do something
KWin:
* Startup feedback ("bouncing cursor") now scales with cursor size
Other Plasma:
* Ported widget style KCM to new design, quite beautiful I think
* Style KCM doesn't reload KWin config anymore since
plasma-integration does everything
    * Avoids compositor re-init and a nasty flicker on current AMD
* Ported some trivial bits in plasma-workspace and plasma-desktop away
from KIconThemes
* Added output selector ComboBox to new KScreen KCM since accessing
disabled outputs was quite hard
* Fixed crash in KScreen KCM (and helped d_ed fix another one)
Other:
* Had a KDE booth at LinuxDay Vorarlberg on Saturday with romangg and Mamarok
    * People love us :)
    * Showed a Pinebook, a generic desktop with ultra widescreen monitor, and
    * a convertible laptop with apol's software screen rotation patch
and a makeshift tablet mode toggle plasmoid, was quite an eyecatcher
    * KDE Connect worked on the exhibitors' Wifi, so we could blow
people's minds quite easily with that and p-b-i ;)

Nico Fe:
* took care of last plaMo blog post
* some cleanup in plaMo workboard. Moved some stuff to done. Needs more love
Mobile wifi kcm:
* fixed regression by plasma-nm commit
* Diff 24808 "[mobile/wifi] Group networks by connection state" [Needs
Review] https://phabricator.kde.org/D24808
* fixed Maui stuff I broke
* Fixed bug in kscreen
* Diff 24719 "Fix laptop screen being off when opening the lid"
[Closed] https://phabricator.kde.org/D24719
    (Regression was kcm not opening at all)
* Investigated popular bug in KScreen where KScreen doesn't handle
monitor unplug
* Works only sometimes and I have reason to believe that it might be
an X11 bug (or Qt QScreen not notice screen changes?)
* Fixed Kirigami not to show an empty context drawer sometimes
* use monochrome icon on all plaMo quick actions
* fixed visual things when running kde Connect with plasma as Qqc2 style
* fixed name of some mobile kcms
* fixed itinerary build on binary factory

David Edmundson:
* Worked on several plasma bugfixes, mostly notably we had an issue
where we leaked all  ConfigModules
* which is why we've had various weird crash reports of QML issues
that make no sense
* Another thing I want to mention and make everyone aware of, the
default KDE clang-format is now accepted into frameworks. I really
hope to run it across all plasma soon
* So please do test that
* There's a nice blog in my clang-tidy phab task from another project
that listed the issues they faced with branches and backporting and
how they solved them
* Finally before I stop rambling - the major QtSVG bug is now P1 -
critical, which is good, but it's still broken, which is not good

David Redondo:
* I pushed yesterday a patch to make KcategoryDrawer draw like
Kirigami ListSection since it wasn't changed in like forever and still
came from oxygen times I think. I also touched system settings
iconview which used a similar style but a custom drawer. So if you
find places that also use a custom drawer it would be awesome if you
tell me
* Also slideshow crash fix is in 5.17.1 pushed today

Arjen:
* posted the wip patch for the kirigami context action toolbar
overflow thing: https://phabricator.kde.org/D24634
    Diff 24634 "[WIP] Allow contextualActions to flow into the header
toolbar" [Accepted] https://phabricator.kde.org/D24634
* additionally, the quick charts lib got moved to kde review, about to
send a mail about it

Marco:
# Plasma
* more work on edit mode, going to merge it today
* started some adaptations of the notifications plasmoid for plasma
mobile: hopefully very minimal and non invasive to its codebase
# Plasma Mobile
* top drawer: more android-y look, still ongoing experimentations
* smarter cutting of app names over 2 lines in the launcher
# Kirigami
* Fixed drawer handles on plasma mobile
* Fixed a crash when the combination PagePool/Columnview tries to load
an invalid page