D24798: Migrate QQC1 to QQC2

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Oct 21 05:01:14 BST 2019

ngraham requested changes to this revision.
ngraham added a comment.

  ++. The new table in the clock settings is much nicer anyway. :) See the following inline comments:

INLINE COMMENTS

> configTimeZones.qml:22
>  import QtQuick 2.0
> -import QtQuick.Controls 1.2 as QtControls
> +import QtQuick.Controls 2.8
>  import QtQuick.Layouts 1.0

`import QtQuick.Controls 2.5 as QQC2`

> configTimeZones.qml:53
>
>          Rectangle {
>              id: messageWidget

While you're doing some porting, this entire thing can be replaced with a `Kirigami.InlineMessage` which will drastically reduce the amount of code here, and you can also remove the `PlasmaComponents` import (`PlasmaCore` is still needed for units, unless you want to also port things to use `Kirigami.Units` instead)

> configTimeZones.qml:143
> +                clip: true
> +                spacing: 5

`units.largeSpacing` is preferable to hardcoded spacing values

> configTimeZones.qml:153
> +                    width: parent.width
> +                    text: !city || city.indexOf("UTC") === 0 ? comment : comment ? i18n("%1, %2 (%3)", city, region, comment) : i18n("%1, %2", city, region)
> +                    checked: model.checked

This is pretty hard to follow. I would recommend expanding it to a conventional if/else block for clarity.

> timezonesi18n.cpp:463
>          {QStringLiteral("UTC+08:00"), i18nc("This is a generic time zone name, localize as needed", "UTC+08:00")},
> +        {QStringLiteral("UTC+08:30"), i18nc("This is a generic time zone name, localize as needed", "UTC+08:30")},
>          {QStringLiteral("UTC+09:00"), i18nc("This is a generic time zone name, localize as needed", "UTC+09:00")},

Seems unrelated; probably best done in another patch

> ConfigGeneral.qml:20
>  import QtQuick 2.5
> -import QtQuick.Controls 1.4 as QQC1
> -import QtQuick.Controls 2.5 as QQC2
> +import QtQuick.Controls 2.5
>  import QtQuick.Layouts 1.3

`import QtQuick.Controls 2.5 as QQC2`

> ConfigGeneral.qml:126
> +            stepSize: 100
> +            to: 1000000
> +            textFromValue: function(value) {

Add `editable: true` and an appropriate `valueFromText` converter

> BreezeMenuStyle.qml:6
> +import QtQuick.Controls.Styles 1.4
> +import QtQuick.Controls 2.8

`import QtQuick.Controls 2.5 as QQC2`

> KeyboardButton.qml:6
>
> -import QtQuick.Controls 1.3 as QQC
> +import QtQuick.Controls 2.8

`import QtQuick.Controls 2.5 as QQC2`

> Main.qml:23
>  import QtQuick.Layouts 1.1
> -import QtQuick.Controls 1.1
> +import QtQuick.Controls 2.8
>  import QtGraphicalEffects 1.0

`import QtQuick.Controls 2.5 as QQC2`

> SessionButton.qml:25
>
> -import QtQuick.Controls 1.3 as QQC
> +import QtQuick.Controls 2.8

`import QtQuick.Controls 2.8 as QQC2`

> config.qml:25
>  import org.kde.kquickcontrolsaddons 2.0
> -import QtQuick.Controls 1.0 as QtControls
> +import QtQuick.Controls 2.8

`import QtQuick.Controls 2.5 as QQC2`

> customwallpaper.qml:25
>  import org.kde.kquickcontrolsaddons 2.0
> -import QtQuick.Controls 1.0 as QtControls
> +import QtQuick.Controls 2.8

`import QtQuick.Controls 2.5 as QQC2`

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace