D24759: [ksmserver] Drop unused logout effect widget

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Oct 18 14:50:24 BST 2019

davidedmundson created this revision.
davidedmundson added reviewers: Plasma, KWin.
Herald added a project: Plasma.
davidedmundson requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  At some point there was an effect in kwin to fade to a grey (with a
  weird vigenette effect) as one logs out.

  This was signalled with a fake offscreen window with a special window
  ID.

  The kwin effect has gone, deleted in Plasma 5.8 with
  af80a546bfe258b54468b159bb8cf78f16ca9ebf <https://phabricator.kde.org/R108:af80a546bfe258b54468b159bb8cf78f16ca9ebf>

  (Kwin still contains an effect called logout, but that's merely for the
  logout prompt)

  I intend to replace this logout effect but as I'm going to start from
  scratch we may as well communicate from ksmserver -> kwin with a new API
  that works on wayland and and solves some other issues all in one.

TEST PLAN
  Compiles

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace