D24479: [KCM] Make multi-screen draggability more obvious

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Oct 18 13:10:43 BST 2019

davidedmundson added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> davidedmundson wrote in Output.qml:273
> > Or the KCM re-creating the outputModel which would be weird.
>
> It would, but:
>
>   connect (m_config.get(), &ConfigHandler::outputModelChanged,
>            this, &KCMKScreen::outputModelChanged);
>
> which gets emitted in
>
>   ConfigHandler::setConfig(KScreen::ConfigPtr config)
>
> A new screen would be a new config.
>
> I think output model is the same object, but it would retrigger this evaluation.

This still needs fixing. Regardless of whether it happens to work now or not.

> Screen.qml:56
> +            top: parent.top
> +            horizontalCenter: parent.horizontalCenter
> +            margins: units.smallSpacing

It's better to set the left + right anchors and then setting the text alignment to be horizontally centered.

That way we will wrap or elide if the translated string is too long rather than overflow.

REPOSITORY
  R104 KScreen