D24634: [WIP] Allow contextualActions to flow into the header toolbar

Arjen Hiemstra noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Oct 16 23:07:24 BST 2019

ahiemstra added a comment.

  > now has the order main action, left, right. before was left, main right.
  >  it does change a bit the behavior, tough i see the point of making sure that the main action is always the last being hidden (i wonder how it would be making it hide last even if not the last)

  While working on it, I realised that the left, main, right order actually doesn't make sense when placed in the toolbar, considering the main action is the most important action and normal order would be left-to-right with the most imporant on the leftmost place. It is easy enough to change back but I do consider this more "correct".

  > testing it i did find a major problem: if i resize the window quickly (kirigami gallery 2 columns mode) when it goes from icon+text to just icon, the window freezes for an instant, seems quite expensive, while before didn't do that
  >  from the code nothing should have gotten particularly worse, so not sure how to debug

  The main cause for this I believe is in the toolbar header file. It currently removes the overflow actions from the main action list when switching to the icon-only layout, which causes removal/recreation of hidden actions used for layout. I've been looking at implementing this behaviour in the actual actiontoolbar, which hopefully removes the need for all of that and speed up things. It's why this is still WIP. :)

REPOSITORY
  R169 Kirigami

BRANCH
  contextactions_in_toolbar