D24208: [Notifications] Dodge Plasma dialogs

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Oct 16 17:52:52 BST 2019

ngraham added a comment.

  In D24208#548315 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D24208#548315>, @meven wrote:

  > In D24208#548272 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D24208#548272>, @ngraham wrote:
  >
  > > In D24208#548153 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D24208#548153>, @broulik wrote:
  > >
  > > > Bluetooth could provide some better feedback inside the plasmoid.
  > >

  > > Agreed, notifications shouldn't be used when the app/window/UI/whatever is still open; feedback should be provided there instead.
  >

  > I disagree plasmoid should avoid sending notifications.

  It's fine for plasmoids to send notifications. But when the system tray popup is open, a better location for the feedback is right there, where your eyeballs are currently looking. In principle, notifications are used for apps that you aren't actively using, to inform you of something happening that you might otherwise miss. If you're currently using the app, the app can show you the information directly, with no need to send a notification.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace