D24208: [Notifications] Dodge Plasma dialogs

Méven Car noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Oct 16 14:12:30 BST 2019

meven added a comment.

  I have some personal feedback regarding this :

  1. I open my bluetooth popup
  2. Click on a device to connect to
  3. Nothing happens
  4. I close the bluetooth popup
  5. I discover a notification telling me the bluetooth connection failed

  Because of this change I loose user feedback.
  Any notifications from a plasma tray popup are hidden to the user, resulting in poor User Experience.
  There are others use cases where the notification is relevant to show when the tray popup is opened.

  My suggestion would be that instead to hide the notification, show them above/below the popup, moving them back to their right position when the popup is closed.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace