D24687: [KCM] Add output selector ComboBox

Roman Gilg noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Oct 16 13:24:17 BST 2019

romangg added a comment.

  In D24687#547976 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D24687#547976>, @mart wrote:

  > depends if they aren't shown there for a good reason or not.
  >  ie how would be this vs showing all output inthe view with maybe the hidden ones as rtanslucent?

  Disabled outputs shouldn't be shown in their full representation (even if slightly transparent) in the overview since they are not part of the view/overall screen geometry as long as they are disabled.

  I thought about showing some mini-symbols for disabled outputs on one of the sides of the overview at a fixed position. But for that a proxy model would make sense I guess. I have never used one but from my understanding with that we could then show a simple list view of all disabled outputs on the side.

  @broulik: Is it simple to implement such a proxy model? I would like to avoid another combo box and make instead all enabled and disabled outputs being selectable from the overview in some way as described above. That being said if it's too big of a change for backporting or will take too much time till next bug fix release we can go with the combobox as an intermediate solution to improve the situation on 5.17.

REPOSITORY
  R104 KScreen