Monday meeting notes for 14/10/2019

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 11:59:58 BST 2019

Bhushan
- Mostly downstream changes in pmos related to plasma mobile and dialing/calls
- Work on 2nd weekly blog post for plasma mobile
- oh and also testing shell changes in mobile side

Nico Fe
* bought a new Nexus 5X because the old one crapped out. Spent a day
getting Plasma on it
* Added API to Kirigami that allows to make the global drawer a menu
on the desktop
    Diff 24469 "Allow the global drawer to become a menu if desired"
[Closed] https://phabricator.kde.org/D24469
* Made a few followup fixes
    Diff 24607 "Fix showing menu toolbutton when no drawer is
available" [Needs Review] https://phabricator.kde.org/D24607
* small improvement for the mobile wifi KCM
    Diff 24601 "[mobile/wifi] Use network name as title for settings
page" [Needs Review] https://phabricator.kde.org/D24601
* removed support for a weird old mac/windows notification system in
KNotifications now that we have proper support for both
https://phabricator.kde.org/R289:e2eed147c53cc2a3134e444208057e0804403a5b
* Fixed KPublicTransport to show trams in my city
https://phabricator.kde.org/R1032:90019919d8264f81252c4e6cbdec12d23eaacdca
* Fixed building some of the Maui apps for Android with cmake so we
can have them on binary-factory.k.o
* Some improvements to Maui cmake code, because the code is ... interesting

Kai Uwe
plasma-browser-integration:
 * now has per-origin (scheme+domain+port) media controls blacklist
 Notifications:
 * "Inhibited" DBus property now exposes the actual inhibition state
     * Apps can use that to alte their behavior (requested by dfaure for korgac)
 * Added KF6 task for rewriting it, so more knowledgable people also
see it :) T11875
 Task 11875 "KNotification v2" [Open,Needs Triage] {KF6}
https://phabricator.kde.org/T11875
 Plasma:
 * qqc2-desktop-style now listens to widget style changing at runtime
 * Fixed fonts antialiasing settings not properly saving in Fonts KCM
 * Ported widget style KCM to grid view layout, please review D24361
 Diff 24361 "[Style KCM] Port to new design" [Needs Review]
https://phabricator.kde.org/D24361
     * kcminit now also looks in kcms/ folder for plugins as this is
where the new QML ones are located
 Other:
 * QML KCMs now show an error when QML failed to load rather than an
empty window
 * I'll be going to Qt World Summit on 5/6 November with romangg and
nicofe: T11847
    Task 11847 "Qt World Summit 2019" [Open,Needs Triage] { KDE Promo}
https://phabricator.kde.org/T11847
     * We're gonna have a super professional KDE booth with devices and things
     * If anyone has time to joins us (we're only three...) that would be lovely

Leinir:
* The new Qt Quick components for KNewStuff were released as part of
Frameworks 5.63, so whenever Plasma's able to depend on that we can
start scattering that all over the place :)
* if someone else can start to use it, will give a good impression on
what needs to be documented better

David:
* So, Qt5.14 stuff first.   There was a subtle change in QQmlContext
that exposed some bugs on the KDE side.
* I had fixed something in KDeclarative last week, but this week also
found something in Kwin's aurorae
* so that brings the question, are there any other use cases where
people make their own QQmlContext that I need to double check?
* the other thing that's relevant is QtSVG has a mega regresssion

Eike:
* I was pretty much MIA since before Akademy due to stuff like moving
continents and switching jobs. I'm not quite out of the woods yet
(more furniture to assemble) but life is slowing down somewhat and I'm
now e.g. at the point where I can attend this meeting again from the
new office and other good things
* so maybe on the weekend I get that libTM patch in and then try to
refresh my memory on the syntax highlighting thing (during the week my
mind/time is currently still pretty occupied with the new dayjob)

Arjen:
* so I did a bunch of work on kirigami last week, starting with some
small fixes mostly regarding using QML's Action more
* after that I started working on a larger change after some
discussion with notmart, which is to make the contextual actions flow
into the toolbar when there is space
* may make sense to add a priority property (from qaction) for actions
to specuify whether they always want to be oin toolbar, on menu etc

Marco:
# Plasma
* more work on edit mode, hopefully approaching merge D24263 D24264 D24265
# Plasma mobile
* more work on the top panel architecture, found a kwin bug that makes
the expanded view display wrongly, fixed in kwin
* smaller text one line only in the launcher
* layout fixes in general
* debugging some freezes, turns out a david's patch in qtwayland seems
to fix them
# KWin
* Fixed positioning of fullscreen windows in wayland. Needed for the
plasma mobile top panel dropdown. Sometimes still causes a freeze,
I'll need help from a kwin person to figure out what is going on
* on second show the windows still appear on top of the panel, but
resized to the deskto pavailable size instead of full screen
# Plasma Nano
* layout fixes for applet config windows
* layout fixes for plasmoid popups