D24224: Start of the accessibility KCM

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Oct 9 19:39:32 BST 2019

ngraham requested changes to this revision.
ngraham added a comment.

  Why is `kcms/colors/CMakeLists.txt` being changed? Looks unrelated.

  As a general UI principle, whenever you have a group of controls that's mostly checkboxes, don't use formal section headers; instead, give the first checkbox a label by moving your `Kirigami.FormData.label` into it rather than putting it inside a separate `Item` or `Separator`.

  Also often it's better to use whitespace instead of formal separator lines. It looks cleaner. Not always, but often.

  So you would wind up with something that looks more like this: F7558383: Screenshot_20191009_123431.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F7558383>.
  (those labels are way too long, which is another matter)

  In terms of a general UI design, I don't think tabs work here. There are too many tabs and they get cut off and look terrible with the default window size: F7558396: Screenshot_20191009_123558.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F7558396>
  I imagine this is even worse with wordier languages like German or Brazilian Portuguese.

  Instead, I think a better UI would be to have the tab chooser be a vertical list, like in the Notifications KCM: F7558412: Screenshot_20191009_123654.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F7558412>

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop