D24483: [Weather data engine] Handle windy conditions in NOAA backend

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Oct 9 16:04:00 BST 2019

ngraham added a comment.

  To me it makes conceptual sense to display windiness when it's not including other severe weather conditions. In those cases, you care more about the other conditions than the fact that it's also windy. For example if the wind accompanies rain or a storm, the fact that it's windy is not very interesting; what you're focusing on is the fact that it's a storm! If there's a tornado, of course it's also windy... but what you need to be focusing on is the tornado! (this is also a condition we don't currently handle)

  So I would probably favor showing a "windy" icon when it's only windy, or a "windy and cloudy" icon when the wind is accompanies by cloudiness as well.

  Does that makes sense? I'm also not a meteorologist. :)

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace