D24265: support global edit mode

Björn Feber noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Oct 8 18:32:38 BST 2019

GB_2 added a comment.

  In D24265#543173 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D24265#543173>, @mart wrote:

  > hmm, not sure it's a bad thing, it all makes this mode to automatically exit.. which makes it almost a "quasimode", countering a bit the evils of being a modal ui

  When you are done editing a panel or adding a widget and then still want to edit another panel or just close the add widgets sidebar then I don't want to have to go back into edit mode after that, it would be quite annoying to do that. I think it should only finish the customization when the user decides he is done, that's what the menu item implies. Finishing the customization and exiting the mode if you still want to do more would be unexpected. Thoughts #vdg <https://phabricator.kde.org/tag/vdg/>?

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop