D24471: [KRDB] Remove Oxygen-era colour exporting code

Carson Black noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Oct 8 07:27:55 BST 2019

cblack added a comment.

  In D24471#543156 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D24471#543156>, @broulik wrote:

  > I don't understand what this is solving. Did this work before, if so, what broke it, that suddenly requires this patch?

  Well, since the checkbox to toggle this code was removed from the colours KCM, it's either always on or always off, and it seems to have defaulted to always on. Always on looks *terrible* with certain GTK2 theme/colorscheme mixtures (Breeze GTK is particularly affected by this), while always off simply has the result of not following a scheme for GTK2 themes that do that. (which is pretty rare)

  I think this bug has been present for a while, it's just that it was flying under radars until now.

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop

BRANCH
  krdb-remove-oxygen-era-code (branched from master)