D5961: Adoption of KUserFeedback for Discover

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Oct 7 17:53:40 BST 2019

ngraham added a comment.

  Clicking "Submit Feedback" produces the following:

    org.kde.UserFeedback: failed to submit user feedback: "Error transferring https://telemetry.kde.org/receiver/submit/org.kde.discover - server replied: Not Found" "\nUnknown product." . Calling scheduleNextSubmission with minTime 4 minutes

  Is this a bug in the patch or in the server?

INLINE COMMENTS

> DiscoverWindow.qml:53
> +        id: submitStatisticsAction
> +        text: i18n("Submit information")
> +        onTriggered: {

1. What information? I'd change it to say "Submit usage statistics" (or whatever).
2. When you click on this, nothing visibly happens in the UI. I would recommend showing a passiveNotification saying some kind of message acknowledging that something just happened.

> DiscoverWindow.qml:60
> +        id: feedbackSettingsAction
> +        text: i18n("Feedback settings...")
> +        onTriggered: {

Actions need to start with a verb:

- Change feedback settings...
- Configure feedback settings...