D24223: [RFC] Add global themes that mimic other platforms' workflows

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Oct 4 13:28:32 BST 2019

ngraham added a comment.

  Well this isn't a wizard, it's just in the LNF/Global Theme KCM, so it's not going to be very in-your-face.

  I can understand the concerns. However right now we do have a problem insofar as it's quite difficult for users to figure out how to change the layout (see for example T10047 <https://phabricator.kde.org/T10047>). I agree that there are pitfalls if it's not done well. But many other DEs and distros are now offering this kind of functionality out of the box now and it's been quite well-received. It seems like yet another example of us having the technology to do something cool, but not actually taking advantage of it to do that cool thing and playing second fiddle to our competitors who implement it first...

REPOSITORY
  R114 Plasma Addons