D24324: [GTK2] Add program to libexec for GTK2 recoloration

Carson Black noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Oct 3 02:35:23 BST 2019

cblack added a comment.

  In D24324#541212 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D24324#541212>, @ndavis wrote:

  > I'm not sure how to verify if the assets have been generated correctly. What GTK2 programs did you test with?

  Look for a theme in `~/.local/share/themes` called `Breeze 🎨`. The reason why it has a 🎨 is to distinguish it from the system Breeze GTK2 theme. Otherwise,
  there'd be two Breeze entries listed in the user's GTK2 theme list in syse5. Yes, it's clunky, but this is a toolkit older than me, so clunkiness is expected.

  I would probably add a "if the user has GTK2 theme set to Breeze/Breeze Dark change the GTK2 theme to the recoloured one" but I'm not sure
  what direction GTK configuration is heading with that configuration daemon being worked on, so I'd rather not mess with GTK configuration until that's ironed out.

REPOSITORY
  R98 Breeze for Gtk