D24361: [Style KCM] Port to new design

Kai Uwe Broulik noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Oct 2 13:02:52 BST 2019

broulik created this revision.
broulik added reviewers: Plasma, VDG.
Herald added a project: Plasma.
broulik requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  This ports the widget style KCM to use a grid view KCM with live preview thumbnails and inline configure button.

  - Icon and tool bar settings have been moved into a popup, similar to Icons KCM, to leave more room for the rather large thumbnails.
  - Overall cleanup of unused/defunct features and modernized codebase
  - Support for non-Linux is dropped, i.e. it assumes "Breeze" as the default, no "native" (e.g. Mac or Windows style) as we want our apps to follow whatever other platform they run in, rather than offering this KCM there

TEST PLAN
  F7496756: Screenshot_20191002_135630.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F7496756>
  "Advanced" settings
  F7496757: Screenshot_20191002_135647.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F7496757>
  Widget preview glows on hover like they used to
  F7496759: Screenshot_20191002_135707.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F7496759>

  - Applying style works live
  - Applying icon and toolbar settings work live
  - Configuring a style works and updates the preview live once you close the style config dialog

  Two issues remaining

  - Just found I broke the kcminit stuff: "Module "kcm_style" was not found or does not actually have a kcminit function"
  - On destruction of the qtcurve style it seems to freeze/deadlock, when you close the kcm by clicking "OK" (can't reproduce the backtrace I had but the process doesn't quit)

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop

AFFECTED FILES
  kcms/style/CMakeLists.txt
  kcms/style/Messages.sh
  kcms/style/kcmstyle.cpp
  kcms/style/kcmstyle.h
  kcms/style/package/contents/ui/EffectSettingsPopup.qml
  kcms/style/package/contents/ui/main.qml
  kcms/style/package/metadata.desktop
  kcms/style/previewitem.cpp
  kcms/style/previewitem.h