D24321: [KCM] Scale more coarsely with the slider, but more finely with a semi-hidden spinbox

Christoph Cullmann noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Oct 1 10:58:58 BST 2019

cullmann added a comment.

  In D24321#540218 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D24321#540218>, @davidedmundson wrote:

  > >   For small 0.1 changes: Just change your font size, we did that always for the old non-hidpi world were displays did differ a bit in the DPI, that works without any glitches
  >
  > I even used to do this in the new high DPI world. Before Qt had fractional scaling we had the slider it would adjust the font size until you reached 1.75 then it would change the Qt scale too. It worked fine.

  Perhaps such a mixed approach might even make more sense.

  As said, any scaling like 1.2 will not work with most of our applications, see above Konsole.

  With "a lot" of work, stuff like 1.25 or 1.5 will work like in KTextEditor by adjusting the fonts internally a bit to avoid sub-pixel jitter per line.

  I think we shall really avoid to expose bad scale factors to users.

REPOSITORY
  R104 KScreen