D25603: [XembedSNIProxy] Send all container windows to background on KWin restart

Konrad Materka noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Nov 29 08:37:35 GMT 2019

kmaterka added a comment.

  In D25603#569113 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D25603#569113>, @davidedmundson wrote:

  > Alternatively, if we need to reset something when our window gets moved...could we watch for our window getting moved?
  >  It'll be the more technically correct, and keeps this code agnostic.
  >
  > No idea how feasible that is though. Your call.

  I'm fully aware that this "fix" is an ugly hack. Checking if window moved probably won't work, as window is not moving, it is just stacked above other windows (or all other are stacked below?). In addition, it is probably not a KWin fault. Container window is very strange for KWin, for example it has no window decorations. Maybe it is missing some essential window hint?
  Anyway, I will think about this, but firstly I need to learn more about X windows, hints, compositing etc. From the other side XembedSNIProxy should be simple, not as complex as window manager :)

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace

BRANCH
  master