Add D24530 to 5.17.4

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Thu Nov 28 23:15:05 GMT 2019

Any dev can cherry-pick things to the stable branch.

Where possible we prefer putting into 5.17 first and then merging 5.17
to master so git tracks it better, but in this case it's already
merged.

To repeat the full rules for any future questions or anyone else wondering:
 - we only backport fixes, not new features
 - backporting things with translations is generally not allowed, rare
exceptions can be made with approval from the i18n team only if it's
needed
 - use common sense. Generally it's better to be conservative and have
a known minor bug than risk an unknown major one.