D25539: feat(kcm): add revert timer

Zixing Liu noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Nov 28 04:14:57 GMT 2019

liushuyu added a comment.

  In D25539#568678 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D25539#568678>, @ndavis wrote:

  > Is there a way to tell the revert timer not to be used if the user only makes a change that requires a session restart? It wouldn't be very useful to ask a user to confirm if the screen is displaying correctly if the change can't be seen.

  Sorry, I don't know how to determine whether the changes only require a session restart properly. To my knowledge, the global scale option is the only setting that probably does not need the timer and my current idea is to set a boolean flag somewhere to indicate the global scale has changed and see if this is the only change user has made.

INLINE COMMENTS

> ndavis wrote in main.qml:109
> Since you are keeping the recently applied configuration rather than applying a new one, wouldn't it be better to say something like "Keep"? It would also be better to use `dialog-ok-apply` as the icon for consistency with similar controls.

Will do

> ndavis wrote in main.qml:115
> I would put Undo to the left of Keep/Apply. Normally, Undo/Reset is to the far left of Apply. That can't be the case here, but I think preserving the order is better for muscle memory.

I will address this

REPOSITORY
  R104 KScreen