D25413: [Weather] Make compact representation temperature text match size of clock text

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Nov 19 19:59:14 GMT 2019

ngraham created this revision.
ngraham added reviewers: VDG, Plasma.
Herald added a project: Plasma.
ngraham requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  Right now, the Weather widget's compact representation's temperature text is not the same
  size as the text for the clock, which looks especially awkward when both are placed
  adjacent to one another. In addition, the text size has no upper bound, so it can become
  absolutely gigantic with a tall panel.

  This patch fixes both issues by using the same size logic used in the digital clock,
  ensuring that the text sizes are identical.

  I know that this uses a magic value, and that this is bad and I should feel bad.
  However it's the same one used in the digital clock. Once more than one widget is using
  this "height * 0.7" value, it becomes feasible to factor it out into something in
  plasma-framework maybe so we can use it to get consistent text size everywhere.

  Hopefully that can be material for a subsequent patch though.

TEST PLAN
  No change for vertical panels.

  Before, default horizontal panel: F7772047: Before, small panel.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F7772047>

  After, default horizontal panel: F7772044: After, small panel.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F7772044>

  Before: double-height horizontal panel: F7772046: Before, double-height panel.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F7772046>

  After, double-height horizontal panel: F7772045: After, double-height panel.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F7772045>

  Before, absurdly humongous horizontal panel: F7772048: Before, humongously enormous panel.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F7772048>

  After, absurdely humongous horizontal panel: F7772049: After, humongously enormous panel.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F7772049>

REPOSITORY
  R114 Plasma Addons

BRANCH
  fix-weather-widget-temperature-text-size

AFFECTED FILES
  applets/weather/package/contents/ui/IconAndTextItem.qml