monday meeting notes for 18/11/2019

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon Nov 18 11:34:04 GMT 2019

Kai Uwe:
plasma-browser-integration:
* Improved error reporting
    * Startup error message (e.g. "native messaging host not found")
is now also shown in popup. Previously only runtime errors (e.g. host
crashed) were shown to the user
* Merged audio playback issue fix/hack
    * Did a follow-up fix this morning
* Planning to do a new release end of this week
Other:
* Fixed qqc2-desktop-style ComboBox dimming pure-QML apps when open
(was default Popup behavior when modal)
* Made a patch for Chromium so the "show in folder" in Downloads
actually highlights the file using FileManager1 DBus API
* Will attend Frameworks 6 sprint in Berlin end of this week

David Edmundson:
* I merged / am merging the QML plugin into KItemModels
* including the Plasma SortFilterProxyModel
* it's an opportunity to do API changes, so this hasn't been as much
of a simple copy pasta as I'd hoped
* fixed a crasher in kirigami (columnview componentspool)
* next week qtcs and kf6 sprint

Nico Fe:
* Worked on a patch that allows to get rid of the KXMLGui dependency
in KBookmarks for kf6
* That will cut down the monstrous dependecy tree of KIO quite a bit
* Besides that I prepared some tasks for KF6 sprint

David Redondo:
* I only have one thing: Port kmenuedit to kglobalccel
* Which the ci  is currently failing on :D
* And I created a task for KGlobalAccel for KF6 because it currently is meh
* I will also be at Frameworks sprint so we can unmeh it :)

Marco:
# Kirigami
* Started direct support in globaldrawer for toolbars for the desktop
use case of app sidebar. Semi automatic way to switch between a
desktop toolbar and mobile big image thing
# KWin
* Finished/merged D25146
    Diff 25146 "try to enforce borders settings from KWin" [Closed]
https://phabricator.kde.org/D25146
# Other
* next week kf6 sprint