D25205: Remove pointless QDBusServiceWatcher

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Nov 8 10:19:27 GMT 2019

davidedmundson created this revision.
davidedmundson added a reviewer: Plasma.
Herald added a project: Plasma.
davidedmundson requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  KActivitymanagerd's ksmserver has a QDBusServiceWatcher in order to
  recreate a QDBusInterface when the service goes away. There is no need
  to do this, a call to a given method to a given service will work
  regardless, dispatching to the correct client is all internal to
  dbus-daemon.

  QDBusAbstractInterface has it's own internal QDBusServiceWatcher anyway
  so we don't get any behavioural differences if we check isValid.

  This is worth fixing as this class is moved threads and we end up with
  newly created children in a mess.

  CCBUG: 413940

TEST PLAN
  Compiles. I probably need to run with it for a week or so
  and switch activities a bit before merging

REPOSITORY
  R161 KActivity Manager Service

BRANCH
  master