D24865: [SystemTray] Support for AttentionIcon

Konrad Materka noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Nov 5 13:54:39 GMT 2019

kmaterka marked 2 inline comments as done.
kmaterka added a comment.

  I will do more tests. The initialization

INLINE COMMENTS

> davidedmundson wrote in StatusNotifierItem.qml:59
> Edit. ignore me.

I had few worries about this approach but I tested with several combinations.

Additional comment for anyone wondering how it is working.
The initialization needs to set empty icon:

  setData(QStringLiteral("AttentionIcon"), QIcon());
  setData(QStringLiteral("Icon"), QIcon());

It is required to setup role names - invalid QVariant() removes role name (check DataContainer::setData). All role names must be initialized, if not QML won't recognize it later.

Fortunately, on any update all fields, including icons, are updated. Setting QVariant() will remove value entirely. In fact, it removes the role name, but as roles are cached, it is not making any harm.
QML will see valid icon or "undefined" (if invalid QVariant() passed).

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace

BRANCH
  master