D21474: [Notifications] Spawn new notification if one to replace doesn't exist

Kai Uwe Broulik noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed May 29 08:39:10 BST 2019

broulik created this revision.
broulik added reviewers: Plasma, bugseforuns.
Herald added a project: Plasma.
broulik requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  Since the Notification Server knows nothing about what notifications were sent, it tells us a notification was replaced and uses the ID supplied by the application. Only in the model we then realize it didn't exist.
  This means we will potentially reuse the notification ID sent by the application as we just increment a counter.
  However, in practice I haven't encountered this issue before (maybe we just never noticed?) but I think this is an acceptable workaround.

  BUG: 407881
  FIXED-IN: 5.16.0

TEST PLAN
  Sent a notification with replaces_id 1337 and still got a notification.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace

AFFECTED FILES
  libnotificationmanager/notificationsmodel.cpp